Translation (5 minutes)
Directions: Complete the sentences by translating into English the Chinese given in brackets. Please write your translation on Answer Sheet 2.
87. David turned away and walked quickly down the street, ________________（完全无视他的存在）.
88. It is man’s intellect__________________(才使他区别于其他高等动物).
89. I read the book last week, but now it is _______________(哪儿也找不到了).
90. Hardly had John finished his introductory remark _________(他就被听众打断了).
91. If the reaction were to take place_______________(巨大的能量就会被释放出来).
87. totally ignoring his presence
88. that distinguishes him from other higher animals
89. found nowhere/nowhere to be found
90. when he was interrupted by the audience
91.enormous energy would be released